Wangxuan Institute of Computer Technology
No. 128, Zhong-Guan-Cun North Street
Peking University, Beijing 100080, China
E-mail: myd AT pku.edu.cn OR muyadong AT gmail DOT com
|I am a tenure-track assistant professor and independent PI leading the Machine Intelligence Lab at Wangxuan Institute of Computer Technology, Peking Univeristy. Before joining Peking University since June 2016, I have ever worked as research fellow at National University of Singapore (PI: Prof. Shuicheng Yan), research scientist at the DVMM lab of Columbia University (PI: Prof. Shih-Fu Chang), researcher at the data mining team of Huawei Noah's Ark Lab in Hong Kong (head: Dr. Wei FAN), and senior scientist at Multimedia Department of AT&T Labs, New Jersey, U.S.A. (head: Dr. Behzad Shahraray). I obtained both the B.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Peking University.
My research interest is in computer vision and machine learning. Below are some of my recent research topics:
We are always actively recruiting postdocs, interns and prospective graduate students! Before sending your resume to email@example.com, please read this note.
- Spatio-Temporal Video Classification and Localization
- Vision + NLP
- Crowd Analysis (counting, re-id) in Camera Networks
- Visual Reasoning
- Novel Neural Network Architecture
- 5 papers are accepted by CVPR 2020. (2/2020).
- Prof. Yadong Mu will serve as an Associate Editor of Neurocomputing (2/2020).
- Prof. Yadong Mu will serve as an Area Chair of ACM Multimedia 2020 and CVPR 2021. (1/2020).
- We won the second place in the "Temporal Localization" task in ActivityNet Challenge 2019. (7/2019).
- In the spring semester of 2018, I will teach a new course "Computer Vision and Deep Learning" for undergraduate students in EECS, Peking University. (11/2017)
- One paper collaborated with UESTC and Tencent AI Lab won the Best Paper Honourable Mentions at SIGIR 2017. [Link] (08/2017)
- Call for Paper -- ACM Multimedia Workshop on Visual Analysis for Smart and Connected Communities. [Link] (06/2017)
- I will teach a course advanced topics in computer vision" (course ID: 04802034), and co-teach the other course "deep learning" (course ID: 08408005) in the spring semester. The former will majorly discuss recent advances in computer vision and the latter will cover both deep learning theory and applications. (02/2017)
- We won the first place out of 100+ teams in the "traffic sign detection in autonomous driving" competition (preliminary round) organized by China Computer Federation (CCF) and UISEE (a self-driving car startup). (11/2016)
- Our team participated 2016 TRECVID MED (multimedia event detection) competition organized by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Our multi-modal MED system achieved top performance in three sub-tasks in the PS-100Ex setting. (10/2016)
- Our team won the second place in RACV 2016 Iqiyi Video Annotation Challenge.
- Prof. Yadong Mu will join the Institute of Computer Science and Technology, Peking University as a tenure track faculty and principal investigator. (05/2016)
Recent Publications [all]
- Ruihai Wu, Kehan Xu, Chenchen Liu, Nan Zhuang, Yadong Mu, Localize, Assemble, and Predicate: Contextual Object Proposal Embedding for Visual Relation Detection, AAAI 2020.
- Lu Chi, Guiyu Tian, Yadong Mu, Lingxi Xie, Qi Tian, Fast Non-Local Neural Networks with Spectral Residual Learning, ACM Multimedia 2019.
- Chenchen Liu, Xinyu Weng, Yadong Mu, Recurrent Attentive Zooming for Joint Crowd Counting and Precise Localization, CVPR 2019.
|Thanks the generous support of all the sponsors.